Page 1 of 1

Reduced pudendal pain with cold or fever

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2025 10:02 pm
by Dave1953
I have two bouts of PN. One for 5 years. Then went away for 6 years. Now it’s back going on the 3 years. There is one event that always reduces my pain from 6-7 to almost 0. When I get a cold or fever! It’s not in my head. I asked chat gpt why. Turns out it’s a well known phenomenon for nerve pain, fibromyalgia and arthritis in many situation. Seems the body releases a couple well known chemicals that temporarily turn down pain. Seems some smart biotech could do something with this info? Cytokines are the big one that turns down pain. I’m going to ask my pain guy about this. But I’m sure I’ll get a blank stare.

Re: Reduced pudendal pain with cold or fever

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2025 12:12 am
by Violet M
Interesting.....please let us know if you find out more!

Violet