Page 1 of 1

Anybody Heard about MRN to see Pudendal Nerve Entapment?

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:13 pm
by shawnmellis
Anybody Heard about MRN (Magnetic Resonance Neurography) to see Pudendal Nerve Entapment? It is only done in a few places in the country. I read somewhere that it might be possible to see pudendal nerve entrapment with an MRN, a kind of new form of MRI, that is supposed to see the nerves better, but I have not been able to get too much information on it. All I know, is that Insurance companies don't typically cover it, and that means it probably has not been proven to actually show the entrapment. I have not gotten too much proof or confirmation this test really works. Anybody got any experience or good information on this test for Pudendal Nerve Entrapment?

Shawn

Re: Anybody Heard about MRN to see Pudendal Nerve Entapment?

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:02 pm
by helenlegs 11
Hi There
Take a look in MRN on Board index there is a lot of info there http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/viewforum.php?f=69
People on here do seem to favour Hollis Potters 3 T imaging in New York, there are many reports of hers on the MRN pages. They are very detailed and better still have matched up with what the surgeons have found when operating.
Take care,
Helen

Re: Anybody Heard about MRN to see Pudendal Nerve Entapment?

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:11 pm
by shawnmellis
Hi Helen
Thanks for your reply on MRN. I will definitely take a look at this. Take care.
Shawn

Re: Anybody Heard about MRN to see Pudendal Nerve Entapment?

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:15 pm
by shawnmellis
Hi, Is this the place where you got your MRN test done at Hollis Potters 3 T imaging in New York? Thanks
Shawn