Page 1 of 1
Dr. Hibner
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:37 pm
by Emily B
For anyone who has seen Dr. Hibner...
Before my appointment with Dr. Hibner, they want me to be evaluated by a physical therapist, Loretta of Desert Physical Therapy & Women's Health Center. Has anyone seen her? What was your experience?
I have already been through years of pt with a specialist in physical therapy, so I'm wondering if seeing her and spending $275 is really necessary.
Thanks,
Emily B.
Re: Dr. Hibner
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:26 am
by Quilter 2
Hi Emily;
I haven't yet had the experience with the Arizona group, but PNSuffer (Patty) has. I see she hasn't registered on this new site yet. I do know that she found the whole experience very good. Last I knew, her mom was dying and she was taking care of her in Britsh Columbia. I have written to her and haven't heard back, which tells me things aren't going well for her. I will give her home a call over the weekend and see if she's still not there. I will also ask her permission to give out her personal e-mail to you. My appt. for Arizona is in April. If that's after yours, let me know and I'll try to remember to write you.
Patty couldn't say enough good things about that group. Hope this helps a little.
My best;
Doreen
Re: Dr. Hibner
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:20 pm
by Karyn
Hi Emily,
You may want to give AthenasMommy a try. I know she's a current patient of Dr. Hibners and she's a very nice person to communicate with.
Wishing you the best,
Karyn
Re: Dr. Hibner
Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:03 am
by GraceUnderFire
They have told me the same thing. Also that she takes no insurance

I have a call in to Loretta's office to see about this as I am not looking forward to going through any more PT.
Grace
Re: Dr. Hibner
Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:59 am
by Emily B
I tallked with Loretta. She was kind and patient on the phone with me. After talking with her, it makes total sense for me to see her before my appt. with Dr. Hibner. She and Dr. Hibner work very closely together and he trusts her completely. Even if a patient has seen physical therapists before, Loretta really is an expert physical therapist with the pudendal nerve. She said she's seen about 200-300 pudendal nerve patients!
She said that the appointment lasts for about 1 1/2 hours. She goes over the patient's complete history and does an exam and evaluates the pelvic floor muscles in relation to the pudendal nerve. She tries to be as gentle as possible to cause the least amount of flare to sensitive patients. She says the patient is in charge at all times of saying whether to continue or stop due to pain or any type of discomfort. She then writes a synopsis of her findings and emails it to Dr. Hibner so he'll have that immediately for the patient's appointment. A more detailed report is sent later on.
Loretta seemed kind, concerned and knowledgable. I've been through years of pelvic floor p.t. and I definitley see the value in seeing her before seeing Dr. Hibner. Especially as an out-of-state patient, I want to get the most care and information out of my trip as possible. I want Dr. Hibner to have the most accurate information possible so he can provide me with my best treatment options. Also, Loretta may be soon joining Dr. Hibner in his office one day a week. When that happens, insurance will be accepted, which will help patients immensely.
Also, thanks to A's Mommy from this forum for encouraging me to see Loretta and telling me she had a good experience with her.
Emily B.
Re: Dr. Hibner
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:26 am
by Violet M
Emily, I have only heard good things about Loretta. Hope all goes well for you.
Re: Dr. Hibner
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:06 pm
by Faith
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering your experience with Loretta Emily B. since you have seen several other PT's. Did you find your visit with her worth the money? I am in the same position trying to decide to see her before my initial consult with Hibner. It's hard to justify though because I have seen 4 other PT's and spent so much money already.