Page 1 of 1
Videos on Pelvic/Abdomen Anatomy & Nerves
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:40 pm
by shawnmellis
Re: Videos on Pelvic/Abdomen Anatomy & Nerves
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:15 pm
by Lernica
Thanks again, Shawn. Very helpful.
Re: Videos on Pelvic/Abdomen Anatomy & Nerves
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:24 am
by shawnmellis
You're welcome Lernica,
I'm working on getting more links to videos, as well as more pictures if possible and other helpful info. I am also studying Netter's Anatomy, Neurolgy books, and other medical books now to learn as much as possible about all of this as I can. I'm finding out that the reason why some of these surgeries seem to be unsuccessful sometimes, is because there are many different areas of entrapment and causes, as well as overlapping causes and locations, so that is what makes this confusing for doctors and patients. Also, even the best MRI can not always visualize an entrapment or the nerves, so all of the possible causes must be addressed and ruled out to get the best diagnosis prior to surgery to make sure the correct surgical approach and surgeon is chosen. I think I'm going to become a doctor some day just like my brother and my father in law who is a Neurosurgeon. I'm trying to talk him into learning how to do this surgery. He is very interested in Pudendal Nerve Entrapment. I told him he would get a lot of patients because there are few surgeons that do this in the world.

There's Always Hope.
Shawn
Re: Videos on Pelvic/Abdomen Anatomy & Nerves
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:33 am
by nyt
Thanks for the links!
One factor we must also consider when it comes to recover is how damaged the nerve is. The nerve conduction studies can give a hint at that but there are flaws with the PMLT test. Unfortunately, that is something that is still quite difficult to deal with. Hopefully, some day scientist will figure out which growth factors need to be placed on the nerve to help it regenerate when it has been damaged.
Re: Videos on Pelvic/Abdomen Anatomy & Nerves
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:17 pm
by helenlegs 11
Thanks Shawn, as long as you are not asking questions and setting an exam later
I quite like Acland's video atlas of the human anatomy. They are all mixed up on you tube unfortunately but this one does show the pudendal nerve but not till after the blood vessels .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyutoMItVkU&NR=1 Cadaverous 'models' used (don't know how else to warn you)
There's also
Abdomen and pelvis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFxKGxlnQuw&NR=1
pelvis part 1 good for ss and st ligaments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qU5broCMKE&NR=1
pelvic cavity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwkbuhipZZ0
pelvic muscles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2BB8OP4 ... re=related
quick review of muscles review of muscles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZSAmSXvG-4
there are more but some have duplications.
Re: Videos on Pelvic/Abdomen Anatomy & Nerves
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:47 pm
by shawnmellis
Hey, Thanks Helen, I will add these to my list. If anybody else has anymore videos on pelvis and abdomen anatomy and nerves, please share. I will also be posting a separate topic on pictures of the anatomy later on and maybe another topic on links to anatomy. Take care
Shawn
Re: Videos on Pelvic/Abdomen Anatomy & Nerves
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:12 am
by shawnmellis
Hey, I just wanted to let everybody know I made a Pelvis Anatomy Video to help those become more familiar with the Pudendal Nerve and it's branches in men and women as well as the bones and ligaments in the pelvis. Sorry, if I sound a little tired in the video, because I made it at night

You can view it at
http://www.YouTube.com/pudendalnerve
Shawn
Re: Videos on Pelvic/Abdomen Anatomy & Nerves
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:50 pm
by Karyn
Shawn,
Your video sounds informative. Honestly, though - I couldn't get through the whole thing. How long is the total duration?
Good first draft, but maybe you could enhance it by recording the audio when you're not so tired? The labels were also too tiny to read.
Best wishes with your project!
Karyn
Re: Videos on Pelvic/Abdomen Anatomy & Nerves
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:46 pm
by garth
Those are some very useful videos that Shawn’s put on the youtube channel. There is a pretty cool video DVD that was made by GEP (European perineology group) that has 3D anatomical models of the pelvis. Two samples have been put by them on youtube.
Effect of straining on pudendal nerve
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVwwqfYTawc
defecation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAgDFFDUGa8
It can be bought at
http://pelvis3d.com/
Things that I liked about the DVD:
1) You get a very good spatial sense of the parts that make up the pelvis. The video gradually builds up the pelvic floor. You get to see where the three branches of the pudendal nerve, alcock’s canal, all the component muscles etc are located.
2) It is fairly long 36 minutes, of which 21 minutes of anatomy, 7 minutes of physiology, 5 minutes of pathology and few minutes on surgical techniques.
Things I didn’t:
1) The pathology section does not talk much of pudendal nerve problems. It talks of prolapse, incontinence, muscle atrophy etc.
2) The DVD also has a book but it is in French and they don’t have copies in other languages.
3) It comes at an astronomical price of 100 euros
