Page 1 of 1
Hotel in N.Y. City associated with HSS
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:22 pm
by bamboo
I apologize for posting the wrong name of the hotel associated with HSS. I just found my email from Amanda in Dr. Potter's office (she's no longer there) but she had sent me the website and the hotel is called the Belair, not the Belvedere as I posted earlier. Here's the website she gave me to check it out.
http://www.hss.edu/patient-amenities.asp
Sorry for the wrong information.
Bamboo
Re: Hotel in N.Y. City associated with HSS
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:57 am
by Lernica
Sounds like a really nice place. Can you stay there if you're only having a Potter MRI? Thanks for posting this, Bamboo.
Re: Hotel in N.Y. City associated with HSS
Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:59 am
by bamboo
You can stay at the Belair even if you're not having an overnight hospital stay or so I was told when I called there yesterday. The bad news is that the cost is $344 for a studio with two TWIN beds. There is a mini fridge but still - $344!! Checkin time is noon and checkout is 3 p.m.
Today my daughter found a better rate at the guest house that is associated with Presbyterian Hospital and the rate there is $244 a night. Still not great but better than the Belair. She called and they said you can stay there if you're having tests done at HSS and it's next door to HSS if I understood correctly. It's called the New York-Presbyterian Guest Facility at The Helmsley Medical Tower. Checkin and checkout times are the same as for the Belair. You can check it out at the following website:
http://www.nyphhousing.com/hospitality/hospitality.html
I hope this helps anyone who is planning to go to New York. I did check the Bentley which has been mentioned elsewhere but the reviews were conflicting and a lot of them not too flattering.
Bamboo
Re: Hotel in N.Y. City associated with HSS
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:06 am
by David Phillips
If you want to right hotels N.Y than there lots
Catskills NY Hotels, you can checked out some useful information for any events like traveling, hotels etc. I think it will definitely quit helpful.
Re: Hotel in N.Y. City associated with HSS
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm
by Meliora
Staying on Staten Island is much less expensive. You would have to take the ferry and subway and/or bus but still save a lot. All modes of transport I mentioned allow standing.