Page 1 of 1
"Ending Female Pain"
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:22 pm
by Faith
Has anyone read the book "Ending Female Pain: A Woman's Manual - The Ultimate Self-Help Guide for Women Suffering from Chronic Pelvic and Sexual Pain" by Isa Herrera? It can be found here on Amazon
http://tinyurl.com/7gdtmtx. I doubt it's too helpful for people with PN/E, but it gets good reviews so I was just wondering if anyone had personally read it.
Re: "Ending Female Pain"
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:57 pm
by ezer
My PT has it and likes it. There are very many exercises and stretches. I am honestly a little bit suspicious of the 22 reviews that are all absolutely perfect.
Re: "Ending Female Pain"
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:30 pm
by pomegranate
Faith,
In terms of pelvic pain books written by PT"s, I think it's the best one out there. It has the most comprehensive overview of pelvic pain conditions and treatments, and lots of self-care approaches. I don't think any of these books are the answer for someone with a truly entrapped nerve, but I would recommend it to someone who just has PN from PFD, or other comorbid pelvic pain issues.
Like I said, I appreciate her self-care approaches, specifically the at home connective tissue work (internal and external) and foam rolling techniques, and her suggestions for whole body/mind care. It's less clinical than Amy Stein's book.
I will say, I don't think anyone who hasn't spend extensive amounts of time in pelvic floor PT should try the internal techniques on themselves. Too much risk of causing pain or inflammation unless you know exactly what internal work should feel like.
When I've talked to PT's about this book and Amy Stein's, most PT's are so happy that these books exist as resources for patients. However, more than one PT has told me they've had patients work themselves into awful flares trying to implement these books' approaches over the period of a couple of weeks when they should really take much more time than that.
Lauren