Page 1 of 1

Coccyx pain after having pelvic pain?

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:58 pm
by EDog
Hello everyone,
I have a question, I want to know if anyone developed
coccyx pain after having pelvic pain, if so are the two conditions
related? or is it likely another condition?
i am trying to figure out how to get treatment
do i see a spine specialist for coccyx pain and then
see a pelvic speialist for pelvic pain?
if anyone has any insight on this, please let me know

Happy Easter and God bless
Elliot

Re: Coccyx pain after having pelvic pain?

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:49 am
by Violet M
Elliot, coccyx pain is on our website's list of related topics. You can check it out on this page:

http://pudendalhope.org/node/14

Re: Coccyx pain after having pelvic pain?

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:10 am
by janetm2
Elliot,
In my travels of pain and trying to get rid of it I started with levitor ani pelvic muscle spasms and the colon rectal surgeon fixed that with botox but I still had pain. Since he knew I was seeing a physiatrist that monitors my pain meds for my chronic foot pain he suggested I ask him about the continuing pelvic pain. The physiatrist works in the spine and sports group so he went down my spine and found I had coccyx pain so he did two sets of cortisone shots and cleared that up but I still had pain so on to PT that found the PNE and sent me to surgeon for that. I am 11 months post op and pain is lowering.
Janet

Re: Coccyx pain after having pelvic pain?

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:58 pm
by EDog
janetm2 wrote:Elliot,
In my travels of pain and trying to get rid of it I started with levitor ani pelvic muscle spasms and the colon rectal surgeon fixed that with botox but I still had pain. Since he knew I was seeing a physiatrist that monitors my pain meds for my chronic foot pain he suggested I ask him about the continuing pelvic pain. The physiatrist works in the spine and sports group so he went down my spine and found I had coccyx pain so he did two sets of cortisone shots and cleared that up but I still had pain so on to PT that found the PNE and sent me to surgeon for that. I am 11 months post op and pain is lowering.
Janet
Thanks for the info Janet

Re: Coccyx pain after having pelvic pain?

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:24 pm
by denver80204
Hello
I actually have coccyx pain that has been diagnosed as pelvic pain. I only feel it in my tailbone area and now it is spreading to my buttocks. It hurts to sit and unfortunately, I have a desk job.

Re: Coccyx pain after having pelvic pain?

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:00 pm
by EDog
How were you diagnosed with pelvic pain?

Re: Coccyx pain after having pelvic pain?

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:37 am
by denver80204
By a urologist. She did an internal exam.