1. I've called a bunch of local pharmacies plus the one local compounding pharmacy and none of them can fill this specaility script.
2. I called two of the local hospitals and both pharmacists said they can't fill it because I'm not an in-patient plus they were concerned because their patients in hospital never keep their pain pumps in that long. For them I raised a "red flag." I told them I knew that most On Q Pumps did not stay in that long but this was a special situation.
3. I called one of the local infusion pharmacies. The pharmacist said that a) the prescription had to come from an in-state doctor, b) they had to approve the medication, c) they had to order the medication in, and d) I would need a home health nurse set up to come in for the change.
ARGH
I'll call Dr. Hibner's office in the morning and let them know of my difficulties. At this point I'll have to pull the pain pump in 2-3 days when it is empty unless Dr. Hibner's office can fill the script and FedEx it to me. They just started to send home scripts for the On Q Pump so I know I'm not the only patient who can't the refill. I don't know if I'm the first they did this with or how many before me but if I'm not the first I know that other's couldn't have gotten their scripts refilled.
Any suggestions?