Page 1 of 1

Colonoscopy

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:57 pm
by jaxi123
Can anyone report if a colonoscopy made them worse after pne surgery?

Re: Colonoscopy

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:57 pm
by Violet M
Made me a little bit worse for a short time after surgery but I recovered fairly quickly. I think I had it 2-3 years after PNE surgery. Sometimes colonoscopies are what trigger PN.

Violet

Re: Colonoscopy

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:24 am
by mbetter95
I am still dealing with worsening muscle dysfunction from the surgery (especially in my psoas, rectus abdominus, and quadratus lumborum). These muscles are like bricks and I struggle with a lot of tightness in my thoracic area (likely compensating for my pelvic instability/weakness).

Re: Colonoscopy

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:24 am
by Patty
Violet can you elaborate more on this. I had my annual colonoscopy in 6/2014 and my perineal/ sitting pain started the end of July 2013. I cannot think of a connection.

Re: Colonoscopy

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:49 pm
by Lernica
Patty,

I think that if the colonoscopy were the triggering event, it would have been very painful for you. But it sounds like you didn't experience any pain.

I have had many colonoscopies, each of them exquisitely painful. I haven't heard of a colonoscopy causing PN, but it can certainly aggravate it. In my case, I think that my colonoscopies were so painful because of my tight pelvic floor muscles. Are you getting pelvic PT treatments? They would be a good place for you to start your recovery.

Re: Colonoscopy

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:07 am
by Violet M
Patty, I just remember people having posted that their PN symptoms started after a colonoscopy but I think it was immediate and that's why they attributed the pain to being caused by the colonoscopy.

Violet