Page 1 of 1
PNE vs PN damage
Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:01 pm
by Chex
Curious...Is there a difference in symptoms between PNE and PN damage? How would a Dr. be able to diagnose which you have?
Re: PNE vs PN damage
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:38 am
by Violet M
Chex, the Nantes Criteria article
http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... iteria.pdf discusses how to tell if you have a nerve entrapment although I have to say I did not fit the criteria exactly even though is had an entrapment. But that article will give you some ideas.
History and exam are important in determining whether you have an entrapment but my understanding is that you may not be able to know for sure if it's an entrapment just through diagnostic tests. I don't think there has been a diagnostic tool developed that is 100% accurate in determining whether it's PN or PNE. My strategy was to try conservative therapies first and if those didn't work, move towards the more invasive.
Take care,
Violet