Where to begin?
Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:55 am
New member here, looking for some advice on where to begin seeking diagnosis/treatment. Which of my doctors do I first bring my PNE symptoms up with, and is there anything specific I should ask for initially?
My background: I'm a 31-year-old female with ever-evolving pelvic issues and only a partial diagnosis of a heavy lifting-induced pelvic injury I suffered 5 years ago. (I swear doctors want it to be everything EXCEPT a mechanical problem.) It's clear that there's a mess of problems at this point -- and the PNE symptoms are just the latest in the merry-go-round. I can tell that my pelvic floor, lower abdominal muscles and lower back muscles have completely changed to support the original injury, not entirely to my benefit!
This past year it's felt like someone's plucking strings at my sacrum and occasionally stabbing me in the (oddly tense) buttocks, and has evolved to include weird clitoral/perineal sensations of buzzing/electricity and numbness, and electrical sparking, coldness and numbness down both legs. Lately, sitting results in discomfort and instant leg and clitoral numbness UNLESS I spend the majority of the day standing/sleeping beforehand. (The first time this happened, it took five days of standing only before I could sit again.) Having a bowel movement also seems to provide temporary relief. It's rough because standing actually makes some of my other problems worse.
I'd like to try PT, even though I'm worried it will exacerbate some of my original pelvic issues -- anyone from CT have experience with PT for PNE here?
My background: I'm a 31-year-old female with ever-evolving pelvic issues and only a partial diagnosis of a heavy lifting-induced pelvic injury I suffered 5 years ago. (I swear doctors want it to be everything EXCEPT a mechanical problem.) It's clear that there's a mess of problems at this point -- and the PNE symptoms are just the latest in the merry-go-round. I can tell that my pelvic floor, lower abdominal muscles and lower back muscles have completely changed to support the original injury, not entirely to my benefit!
This past year it's felt like someone's plucking strings at my sacrum and occasionally stabbing me in the (oddly tense) buttocks, and has evolved to include weird clitoral/perineal sensations of buzzing/electricity and numbness, and electrical sparking, coldness and numbness down both legs. Lately, sitting results in discomfort and instant leg and clitoral numbness UNLESS I spend the majority of the day standing/sleeping beforehand. (The first time this happened, it took five days of standing only before I could sit again.) Having a bowel movement also seems to provide temporary relief. It's rough because standing actually makes some of my other problems worse.
I'd like to try PT, even though I'm worried it will exacerbate some of my original pelvic issues -- anyone from CT have experience with PT for PNE here?