New Member - Please Help This Human Find Clarity
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:39 pm
Hello I’m new to this site. My name is Jason. I haven’t been officially diagnosed yet, but I think I might have PN. I could write a 500 page book on my experiences with the “issue” over the last 3 years but I will try to keep my post short. I’m a 32 year old military soldier who suffered 2 herniated discs in my lower back while doing push-ups in 2011. Prior to 2011 I was an amateur bodybuilder and power lifter. Now I have the body of a swimmer. I use to keep my ABS in a tightened state all day from 2007 to 2011, which definitely had an impact on my pelvic floor.
3 days after I hurt my back I started to experience the following; tingling, itching, burning, excessive sweating, stabbing, and/or shooting pain throughout my penial area and anus. I also experience excruciating pain during bowel movements, urination, and orgasm. My semen is also pasty and come out like corn syrup. My bladder never empties fully. I have virtually no blood flow to these areas, rarely have an erection, and have little control of my bladder, thus causing leaking of urine throughout the day. It is as if my lower body doesn’t exist. Luckily I can still run but I’m soaked by the time I’m done. I can also sit for 30-45 minutes before the “tingling” game begins. I recently discovered that I should go for a walk at 30 minute intervals and purchase a special seat cushion.
I’ve consulted with 20+ "experts" throughout the U.S, and they have provided me with no answers. I’ve been used as a human Guiney pig. They started me off with Motrin, then onto Viagra, which made me go blind for 2 days, then alpha beta blockers that actually shut down my respiratory system. Thank God that the ER was within 10 minutes of my house. They also had me comited to the crazy house 3 times. I’m also thankful that the military paid for the $400K in medical expenses thus far. The closest form of relief was from a pelvic floor physical therapist in Arizona who performed manual pelvic floor stimulation on me through the anus. This treatment was able to slightly relax my nerves for 5 days max, but I had to endure weekly uncomfortable sessions. All in all, I don’t have any friends in the local area and only leave the house for work and groceries. I would give me right hand to get rid of 50% of these symptoms.
After reading these blogs I’m relieved that I’m not alone or crazy. I’m not an alien like the experts suggest. It’s a shame that the internet has more answers than the doctors provide. Could you please help me with the following?
Do you all think I may have PN or PNE? Every bit of research points to the pudendal area in my buttocks where I felt that first “hot pocker” that made me scream to high heaven. Now I’m use to it and it’s like sticking a fork in an electrical socket. People ask me at work how I’m doing and I say “fantastic”, but I want to tell that that I’ve only been shocked 10 times since I work up this morning.
I would like also like to get an MRI done that specializes in these areas. I hear that the neurography test is pretty good, as well as the 3-Telsa MRI, CT pictures of the urinary tract or an EEG/EMG. Instead of lifetime pelvic floor therapy sessions, I would like to get a set of BOTOX, nerve block treatments, or steroid injections before I consider surgery.
Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. I look forward to receiving your response. NEVER GIVE UP...
3 days after I hurt my back I started to experience the following; tingling, itching, burning, excessive sweating, stabbing, and/or shooting pain throughout my penial area and anus. I also experience excruciating pain during bowel movements, urination, and orgasm. My semen is also pasty and come out like corn syrup. My bladder never empties fully. I have virtually no blood flow to these areas, rarely have an erection, and have little control of my bladder, thus causing leaking of urine throughout the day. It is as if my lower body doesn’t exist. Luckily I can still run but I’m soaked by the time I’m done. I can also sit for 30-45 minutes before the “tingling” game begins. I recently discovered that I should go for a walk at 30 minute intervals and purchase a special seat cushion.
I’ve consulted with 20+ "experts" throughout the U.S, and they have provided me with no answers. I’ve been used as a human Guiney pig. They started me off with Motrin, then onto Viagra, which made me go blind for 2 days, then alpha beta blockers that actually shut down my respiratory system. Thank God that the ER was within 10 minutes of my house. They also had me comited to the crazy house 3 times. I’m also thankful that the military paid for the $400K in medical expenses thus far. The closest form of relief was from a pelvic floor physical therapist in Arizona who performed manual pelvic floor stimulation on me through the anus. This treatment was able to slightly relax my nerves for 5 days max, but I had to endure weekly uncomfortable sessions. All in all, I don’t have any friends in the local area and only leave the house for work and groceries. I would give me right hand to get rid of 50% of these symptoms.
After reading these blogs I’m relieved that I’m not alone or crazy. I’m not an alien like the experts suggest. It’s a shame that the internet has more answers than the doctors provide. Could you please help me with the following?
Do you all think I may have PN or PNE? Every bit of research points to the pudendal area in my buttocks where I felt that first “hot pocker” that made me scream to high heaven. Now I’m use to it and it’s like sticking a fork in an electrical socket. People ask me at work how I’m doing and I say “fantastic”, but I want to tell that that I’ve only been shocked 10 times since I work up this morning.
I would like also like to get an MRI done that specializes in these areas. I hear that the neurography test is pretty good, as well as the 3-Telsa MRI, CT pictures of the urinary tract or an EEG/EMG. Instead of lifetime pelvic floor therapy sessions, I would like to get a set of BOTOX, nerve block treatments, or steroid injections before I consider surgery.
Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. I look forward to receiving your response. NEVER GIVE UP...