Page 1 of 1

New Member

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:40 pm
by brucen
Hi,

I am a 76 yr old male who just found this group and also the possibility that I may have Pudendal Neuralgia or entrapment after reading the symptoms. I have been diagnosed with chronic prostatitis before this and told by a Urologist there is nothing more he can do for me.
When I started reading about these conditions of the pudendal nerve, the symptoms were jumping off the page at me. In 2000 after having a TURP prostate operation, I suffered for three months with intense burning and pain in the perineal area. In 2012 after a colonoscopy the symptoms started again lasting for almost four months.
In the middle of December 2014 again the condition has returned and I do not know how it got started other that a constipation issued at around that time. This condition at my age is wearing me down on a daily basis. I have contacted a pain specialist/anesthesiologist and made an appointment for evaluation. Hopefully I can get some answers from him.

Anyway, Hello again. I hope your all are progressing with your individual problems and are getting some answers that are helpful for this condition.

Brucen

Re: New Member

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:23 pm
by janetm2
Welcome Brucen,
So sorry you are in pain and it is wearing you out. I can definitely relate the energy to fight the pain of post PNE surgery PN plus my arthritis and bunion pains in my toes, working and now family issues with finally getting over a cold are sapping me at at 53. I believe my PNE was caused by excessive sitting and chronic constipation so I can see that being a reasonable triggerfor your latest pains. Although I have mostly settled my system if I do have constipation it can restart my pain which has predominantly been anal. Check out the FAQs on the homepage for a wealth of info that may help.you with managing this and medicine, etc for insight to your upcoming appointment (especially if the dr does not know about these conditions). Good luck and hope you can lower or eliminate the pain quickly!
Janet

Re: New Member

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:27 am
by Violet M
Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the forum. You are so right about this condition being exhausting. I hope your appointment with the pain doc goes well. Have you had an opportunity to see a pelvic floor physical therapist who specializes in pudendal neuralgia? That might be something else you want to consider.

There is a lot of information to wade through on this forum. If we can help you find information on anything in particular let us know and we will try to help out. Using the search function in the upper right corner of the page can be helpful.

Take care,

Violet