Page 1 of 1

Stem Cells Article

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:00 pm
by stephanies
I met with my pain doctor today and she mentioned that she believes that we will begin to see real stem cell successes in treating peripheral neuropathy in the next 5-10 years. I was reading on-line about some things going on in this field and found an interesting article abstract about repairing the sciatic nerve in rats using stem cells.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... C-A.mailto

Note: I am neither a scientist nor trained in any medical profession. I don't know what publications are considered reputable or useful, but thought I would post anyway as it gives some hope to those of us suffering.

Re: Stem Cells Article

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:55 pm
by nyt
The stem cell area is very exciting. It is a wide and complicated field with many types of progenitor cells. I use the word progenitor because it is a much more appropriate would them stem cell but I will spare all the details. I know there are two PN doctors who have are trying amniotic fluid injections. I had one amniotic fluid injection done that was not successful. I know there is a doctor using progenitor cells from fat to try and regenerate the pudendal nerve but do not know how that patient is doing. However, I am optimistic that as the science progresses there will be advances in this field of science that will help all with nerve pain.

Re: Stem Cells Article

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:34 pm
by wannagetbetter
Is the pudendal nerve a peripheral nerve that might benefit from stem cell therapy?

Re: Stem Cells Article

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:27 pm
by Violet M
Some people have posted about having stem cell injections. You can do a search using the search bar in the upper right corner of your screen. It might be too soon to know whether how well it works on the pudendal nerve.

Violet