Page 1 of 1

Continuous cycle birth control

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:32 am
by lomlom
For many women with PN or PNE, I know the pain often gets worse during your menstrual cycle, not to mention putting in tampons if you can, or the constant rubbing again a pad. I would suggest if you're on the pill, patch, or ring, to ask your doctor for a continuous cycle. You don't get your period at all with this, and there is no medical reason why you need to have one. It helped me greatly when my problems first started.

Re: Continuous cycle birth control

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:40 am
by Violet M
Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know of any risks or side effects associated with a continuous cycle?

Violet

Re: Continuous cycle birth control

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:08 pm
by Aristocat
lomlom, very problematic what you write, that's my opinion.
I have a lot of understanding that we do our best to reduce our pain, and I know what I'm talking about. I had pain that my tears ran down and I thought I had a child birth (I have no children and so I don't know the pain in reality) and it all happened after menopause.

We are women with our special nature of a woman. This includes menstruation for a certain period of our life. We are not machines and can't just turn off basic functions. Perhaps this would bring relief in the moment but we do not know the consequences in our older ages if we deal with our bodies in such a way. The older I get the less I am a friend of the pill because of course it is connected with the endocrine system and thus with the autonomous nervous system and thus with the brain. Yes, it is simple and convenient but I am sure that nature does not say friendly, do with me what you want to do, I accept everything. Yes, we are modern women in modern times but it seems we need to re-learn a lot about our nature and our female energies we have lost in modern medicine, which surly is great in special parts but which only sees the body and ignores our feelings, thoughts and female nature (for men of course the male nature).

What I write is not esoteric nonsense. I remain firmly convinced that this pain and of course the numbness too is an energetic problem. If we intervene so deeply in our female energies, it is possible that we make things worse. It is not a technical, medical problem, it is a problem of our whole life.

Re: Continuous cycle birth control

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:32 pm
by lomlom
Violet M wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know of any risks or side effects associated with a continuous cycle?

Violet
Here's a good paper I found on the subject. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... po=40.3846

In a study of the results of multiple previous studies, the only difference between cyclical and continuous use was the risk of breakthrough bleeding. This risk decreases the longer you are on the continuous pill, until you no longer have any bleeding.
Aristocat wrote:lomlom, very problematic what you write, that's my opinion [...]

We are women with our special nature of a woman. This includes menstruation for a certain period of our life. We are not machines and can't just turn off basic functions. Perhaps this would bring relief in the moment but we do not know the consequences in our older ages if we deal with our bodies in such a way. The older I get the less I am a friend of the pill because of course it is connected with the endocrine system and thus with the autonomous nervous system and thus with the brain. Yes, it is simple and convenient but I am sure that nature does not say friendly, do with me what you want to do, I accept everything. Yes, we are modern women in modern times but it seems we need to re-learn a lot about our nature and our female energies we have lost in modern medicine, which surly is great in special parts but which only sees the body and ignores our feelings, thoughts and female nature (for men of course the male nature).

What I write is not esoteric nonsense. I remain firmly convinced that this pain and of course the numbness too is an energetic problem. If we intervene so deeply in our female energies, it is possible that we make things worse. It is not a technical, medical problem, it is a problem of our whole life.
Aristocat - women have been taking birth control since before ancient Egyptian times, so we've had quite a while to study the lasting effects of "turning something off" in our bodies. I personally need to be on some form of birth control or I have uncontrollable bleeding for weeks or months, coupled with migraines. I have friends with PCOS that need it as well.

How is it any different from someone with seizures or narcolepsy taking medication to stop the function of their specific problems? Or even the difference from taking anti-nausea medication for pregnancy or motion sickness?

I really do think there can be a physical cause for PN, entrapment. Maybe not for everyone, but enough that it's a standing diagnosis, and that medication can help people.

Re: Continuous cycle birth control

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:18 pm
by Emily B
Risks of being on the pill and stopping periods entirely vary for each woman's health history and genetic predispositions. There is a compromise on this issue. Talk to your doctor about taking the medication continuously and having a period every 3 or 4 months rather than stopping your period completely.

Emily B.

Re: Continuous cycle birth control

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:18 am
by lomlom
Emily B wrote:Risks of being on the pill and stopping periods entirely vary for each woman's health history and genetic predispositions. There is a compromise on this issue. Talk to your doctor about taking the medication continuously and having a period every 3 or 4 months rather than stopping your period completely.

Emily B.
That's true Emily, it also lessens the likelihood of breakthrough bleeding for some women, to have a period three or four times a year.