DRG Stimulator Best Lead Placement? - Time Sensitive!
Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:02 am
I am a 26 year old male with pudendal neuralgia and experience severe problems with rectal, penile, and perineal pain/function. I had a DRG (dorsal root ganglion) trial stimulator implanted Wednesday Oct. 18th for help with my pudendal neuralgia, which I have had since May 2012. The doctor put the leads on S2 and S3 but not S4 (the three nerve roots the pudendal nerve branches off of). He can only use 2 leads on each side, and my pain is bilateral.
Has anyone ever had a DRG stimulator implanted for pudendal neuralgia? If so, where were the leads placed? I really am looking for help with rectal and penile pain and function. I appreciate any replies, as I will have to make a decision soon on whether or not to have a permanent put in and really wondered at which levels of the spine (S2, S3, and/or S4) people with pudendal neuralgia have had the most success with lead placement?
Has anyone ever had a DRG stimulator implanted for pudendal neuralgia? If so, where were the leads placed? I really am looking for help with rectal and penile pain and function. I appreciate any replies, as I will have to make a decision soon on whether or not to have a permanent put in and really wondered at which levels of the spine (S2, S3, and/or S4) people with pudendal neuralgia have had the most success with lead placement?