PN/PNE after quitting propecia drug
Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:26 pm
Hi all
I am a 47 year old man from Norway that used a hairloss drug named propecia for 16 years. I quit the drug in march 2017 and soon started to have pain in different places in my pelvic, lightning/stabbing pain, throbbing pain in my perineum like something is gonna fall out, hip and tailbone pain, sometimes burning pain when urinating, a weird warm/hot sensation like I am on fire in the perineum, groin pain etc. I have done a lot of googling and I was shocked to find out that this year it was documented that propecia is connected to pudendal nerve issues. If it is PN or PNE I am not sure. My condition has sadly only got worse since this summer, now I am in constant pain and can only sit for a few minutes. The only pain that really go away when laying down is the pain in my perineum, the coccyx/hip/groin pain is more or less constant.
I am in the early stages of my diagnose and the doctors here in Norway don't know much about this condition. I have had a MRI that came back fine and I am waiting to see a neuro-urology expert in Oslo but the waiting time is long. I also had a skype session with Dr.Bollens in Belgium and he diagnosed me with PNE just on my symptoms. Also I am seing a PT this week for the first time but again I don't know how much she knows about PN/PNE. I really don't understand a drug can cause PNE?.....
Anway I just wanted to say hello and thank you all for being on this forum, I feel so alone with this condition......not easy with the wife and kids either
Take care
I am a 47 year old man from Norway that used a hairloss drug named propecia for 16 years. I quit the drug in march 2017 and soon started to have pain in different places in my pelvic, lightning/stabbing pain, throbbing pain in my perineum like something is gonna fall out, hip and tailbone pain, sometimes burning pain when urinating, a weird warm/hot sensation like I am on fire in the perineum, groin pain etc. I have done a lot of googling and I was shocked to find out that this year it was documented that propecia is connected to pudendal nerve issues. If it is PN or PNE I am not sure. My condition has sadly only got worse since this summer, now I am in constant pain and can only sit for a few minutes. The only pain that really go away when laying down is the pain in my perineum, the coccyx/hip/groin pain is more or less constant.
I am in the early stages of my diagnose and the doctors here in Norway don't know much about this condition. I have had a MRI that came back fine and I am waiting to see a neuro-urology expert in Oslo but the waiting time is long. I also had a skype session with Dr.Bollens in Belgium and he diagnosed me with PNE just on my symptoms. Also I am seing a PT this week for the first time but again I don't know how much she knows about PN/PNE. I really don't understand a drug can cause PNE?.....
Anway I just wanted to say hello and thank you all for being on this forum, I feel so alone with this condition......not easy with the wife and kids either
Take care