Cigna Health Spring & compounded med coverage
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:22 am
I'm a new Cigna Health Spring subscriber this year. Thought I'd try to see if they'd give a little financial help for my 2 compounds (Valium/Baclofen suppositories, and LidocaineBupivicaine ointment). My doctor submitted the requests for coverage determination. I've already spent 2 hours on the phone this week with multiple people, and so far they'll only authorize the bupivicaine.
Since Cigna is a national prescription plan through Medicare, has anybody had luck getting coverage for compounds, or am I unneccessarily raising my time and lood presssure talking to people who don't understand? Several "clerks" at Cigna couldn't even read the script correctly or understand that each product contains 2 drugs -
had to explain that concept repeatedly. Because of multiple chemical allergies (and these items are used on mucous membranes) I can't have anything with fragrance, dye, etc. They must be compounded in a neutral base, and each script is about $150 cash.
Since Cigna is a national prescription plan through Medicare, has anybody had luck getting coverage for compounds, or am I unneccessarily raising my time and lood presssure talking to people who don't understand? Several "clerks" at Cigna couldn't even read the script correctly or understand that each product contains 2 drugs -
had to explain that concept repeatedly. Because of multiple chemical allergies (and these items are used on mucous membranes) I can't have anything with fragrance, dye, etc. They must be compounded in a neutral base, and each script is about $150 cash.