Question from newbie

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
carolynm

Question from newbie

Post by carolynm »

Does anyone do a CT-guided block into Alcock's canal?

thanks
cari
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
nyt

Re: Question from newbie

Post by nyt »

Dr. Westesson in Rochester, NY. I know this for a fact because he has done several on me.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Houston, Antolak, Hibner -- I think most of the PN docs do. There probably are some in Colorado who do. You could check with interventional radiologists in your area.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
chloe

Post by chloe »

Carolynn,

Hi, I am not on the forum much anymore, but I am from Colorado and I have a great D.O. / Pain doctor who has done injections on me. He has done internal trigger point injections on me so many times I can't count (with lidocaine, marcaine, and steroids at times). Thankfully I have not needed them in a year (my OI finally stopped spasming). :? I believe he does guided blocks as well. Let me know if you would like his contact information - he has an office in Englewood and Fort Collins and he is very professional and has great bedside manner.

Chloe

Surgery with Dr. Hibner, July 2007 - 95% improved.
Aug-06: PNE as a result of 15+ years of weightlifting (32 years of age)
Apr 07: Evaluation/PNMLT in Houston
Aug 07: Surgery with Dr. Hibner -- I was his 20th patient (approx).
I consider myself to be 90 - 95 % improved. The only thing I can no longer do is exercise strenuously - that is OK with me!! :)
I can walk for exercise, hike, and use the elliptical -- all very carefully of course.
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

Chloe,
Thank you for your response. Since I asked the qu originally I have had an MRI from Potter and consult w/Hibner.
He is such an amazing man.
Congratulations on your recovery. I hope you stay on the site and encourage some of us who are struggling. We so appreciate having the support.

cari
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”