Psoas Tendon Release

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
beverley

Psoas Tendon Release

Post by beverley »

Has anyone had their Psoas tendon cut during surgery to release it? I am having Labral repair hip surgery and my surgeon (Dr. Coleman at HSS) wants to make a small cut into the tendon to release the Psoas. My Psoas is inflamed and injured -- he said that when the Psoas is inflamed it irritates the pudendal nerve. Anyone else have any experience with this?
prolonged sitting summer -- Vulvar Burning, Vulvadynia, Urinary Frequency, Lower Back Pain, Numbness in Foot, Pain when sitting, Hip Pain
1/12 90% Better after Pelvic Floor PT and 10 mg of Elavil
3/12 Potter MRI
4/12 MRI showed Labral Tears in both hips
4/12 Hip Injection with Dr Jordon -- some improvement
7/12 FAI and Labral repair Hip Surgery, Dr Coleman, HSS, 10/12-3/13 99% better!
3/13 Flared - present,
7/14 Ilioinguinal nerve block positive
janetm2

Re: Psoas Tendon Release

Post by janetm2 »

I am definitely having my nerve aggravated by the psoas on a regular basis but have not had it cut.
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”