Hi...I'm new

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
MrsChad

Hi...I'm new

Post by MrsChad »

I have very recently been diagnosed with PNE after hysterectomy and four months of pain and going to doctors who didn't know what to do with me. My question about physical therapy is how long will it be before I get any relief from it? I had my first treatment (ultrasound and myofascial release) and it only took the pain away partially and then only for a few hours. It has left me wondering if it is worth the time and adding another thing into my crazy schedule for just a few hours of relief. The pain has gotten better since November. Is it possible my body is just recovering on its own and I should just forget therapy, save some money and aggregation and let my body do this naturally? It only hurts when I sit or lie down to sleep at night and then it is only a 5-7 out of 10. I feel lucky and like I should just get over myself. This pain is not bad enough to go through all of this. Will I get worse without therapy? Can this do permanent damage if I opt out of treatment? very confused and wondering what to do. I have my family and employer to think of as well. when I weigh their needs against the pain I am experiencing, it seems like I am being selfish.
Violet M

Re: Hi...I'm new

Post by Violet M »

Mrs. Chad,

It's really hard to predict what will happen if you do or don't go ahead with PT. The fact that it doesn't cause a flare up is a good sign that it could eventually help you but it typically takes time. How long is hard to say. Does your PT have any recommendation on how long it might take? My understanding is that typically at least 6-12 sessions are recommended to determine if it's going to help you and then if it does, whether you continue depends on what your pain levels are. Since you don't consider your pain levels high enough to mess with PT, maybe just by making a few lifestyle changes you will be able to heal and improve.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”