Surgery upcoming with Dr. Hibner

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Violet M

Re: Surgery upcoming with Dr. Hibner

Post by Violet M »

According to this dictionary http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictio ... neurolysis
neurolysis is the freeing of perineural adhesions. During the TG surgery they will be freeing up the nerve from whatever is entrapping it -- possibly adhesions although sometimes it's a ligament. Some physicians call pudendal nerve decompression surgery pudendal neurolysis. TG refers to transgluteal which is referring to the approach (through the gluteal muscles) they use to reach the nerve for the neurolysis procedure.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
PatrickB

Post by PatrickB »

I am exactly one year post surgery now. I can happily say I am about 50% better than before. All urinary function is normal and pain from sitting takes over an hour, however it does still occur. I'm working out 7 days a week and feeling great as long as I don't sit too long. I took a 15 hour flight last week from Hawaii to the Caribbean and it was quite uncomfortable, but I made it. It definitely helps to sit in First Class and be able to sit sideways and/or on my hip at times. I do get relief from Tramadol and always have some on hand for long meetings or dinners. I pray for continued improvement. Thanks....Patrick
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

That's great, Patrick! Thanks for reporting back and I pray you continue to improve too. I still had improvement after one year and I know others who have so I think you have a good chance. Be careful with the working out. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
kgb

Post by kgb »

Hi Patrick:

So good to hear a positive outcome! How are you doing now? Also which exact nerves were decompressed etc?

Thank you!
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

I had 2 failed surgeries
Very disappointing

Return to “SURGERY”