Review Dr. Michael Durtnall Interstitial Cystitis

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
Rianna

Review Dr. Michael Durtnall Interstitial Cystitis

Post by Rianna »

I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis at the end of June. I suffered from extreme abdominal pain and pudendal neuralgia. It hurt to sit or move, I found it almost impossible to be comfortable and it was affecting me sleep and general wellbeing.

Having looked up this condition online, I started to despair and loose hope when I saw that it was classed as 'chronic.' Many treatments involved taking medication that would numb the pain but not heal the condition. They also had long term adverse side effects which quite frankly scared me.

I am extremely fortunate that I have previously been treated by Dr. Michael Durtnall at the Sayer Clinic in Kensington London for chostochondritis. When I cancelled an appointment there due to the interstitial pain (it hurt to move), Dr. Durtnall contacted me immediately and to my absolute relief, I discovered that he is an expert in treating pudendal neuralgia!

Despite the pain, I went to him to be treated for this and I have not looked back since! I am quite a shy and reserved person but Dr. Durtnall showed such compassion and care, that I felt at ease. He calmed my fears and even though he has been treating me for the pudendal neuralgia for 3 weeks, I can already feel the benefits. He has been instrumental in providing me the knowledge and skills to take my life back. His treatments have been instrumental in calming the pudendal nerves. In this short space of time, I am able to have great mobility (I have done two 30 minute boxing training sessions this week).
I can sit for longer periods of time and I feel like I have my life back and more importantly hope for the future of my physical health.

I cannot thank Dr. Durtnall and his team at the Sayer Clinic enough, it is rare to find practitioners who genuinely care about their patients and always go above and beyond to provide care and support. I highly recommend going to the Sayer Clinic, it has been the best investment for my health and wellbeing!

Return to “UK & IRELAND”