ICD and CPT Insurance Billing Codes

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
jon

ICD and CPT Insurance Billing Codes

Post by jon »

I finally found some billing codes, on orpha.net, that are what insurance companies require to determine benefit coverage. Not good at deciphering what's what, but the billing person for the doctor would. If your trying to get preauthorization for a surgery or procedure these are a must have.

Unless you find a clinical trial on clinicaltrials.gov, a doctor, hospital or clinic isn't going to treat you if they're not going to get paid. They are not charities, unfortunately!

Although many hospitals are nonprofits and tend to be more affordable.

You need a diagnostic code and a procedure code. Sometimes doctors will need to retry getting authorization using different codes and/or synonyms for the description of the procedure or the diagnosis itself. PN has several synonyms. More than just those listed below.

https://www.orpha.net/en/disease/detail/60039

Synonym(s):
Alcock syndrome
Pudendal algia
Pudendal neuralgia
Pudendal neuralgia by pudendal nerve. entrapment
Pudendal neuropathic pain syndrome
Pudendal neuropathy
Pudendalgia

ICD-10: G57.8

ICD-11: GA34.0Y

UMLS: C1997249

MeSH: D060545

GARD: 10713

Chat GPT came up with:

"CPT codes for pudendal nerve decompression surgery and related procedures include:64999: Unlisted procedure, nervous system (This code is often used for procedures that do not have specific CPT codes.)"

64905: Neuroplasty and/or transposition; pudendal nerve at the Alcock canal.

64911: Neuroplasty and/or transposition; pudendal nerve.

And also:

M79.2 - Neuralgia and neuritis, unspecified
Left testicle pain since 2008. Left sciatica 2010-2012. Failed left epididectomy, orchiectomy, botox injections, nerve blocks and internal physical therapy. Genital branch of genitofemoral and perineal branch of pudendal nerve cut. L5-S1 microdiscectomy cured sciatica. Dorsal Root Ganglion nerve stimulator failed to help and was removed. I have had 4 pudendal nerve blocks, two from Dr. Poree worked for 2 hrs. The ONLY break from pain ever.
Violet M

Re: ICD and CPT Insurance Billing Codes

Post by Violet M »

Thanks, Jon. Great info!
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
April

Re: ICD and CPT Insurance Billing Codes

Post by April »

Thanks, Jon!

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”