Cost of treatment in Nantes

Prof Roger Robert - Neurosurgeon
Dr T Riant - Anaethesist and Pain Management
Dr J.J. Labat - Neurologist & Urologist - PNMLT and other Testing
Mod4

Cost of treatment in Nantes

Post by Mod4 »

Here are the latest charges payable to the Nantes doctors for anyone considering this option:

PNMLT testing: 500 euros

Diagnostic block 500 euros

Multi-disciplinary testing 50 euros

Payment to Prof Robert:

Unilateral surgery 2,000 euros

Bilateral surgery 3,000 euros

Payment to hospital IF a 2-day stay 2,500 euros

Not quite sure how much the hospital stay is if it's longer, maybe 1,250 per day
MsRivers

Re: Cost of treatment in Nantes

Post by MsRivers »

The schedule of fees here was posted pretty recently (Sept. 2010.) Has anyone gone and had surgery and found out it was more than expected (based on these rates?)

Has anyone been tested in Houston and then flown to Nantes for the surgery because of the hospitalization rates been so much more here in the states?

Thanks,
Ms. Rivers
PN pain post laproscopic vaginal hysterectomy. MRN diagnosed me with piriformis, sciatica, and pudendal syndromes.
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

I don't think the prices rise very fast in France, but I do know that it's common for patients who are self-pay to get diagnosed in Houston and have surgery in France. Hope this helps.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
shawnmellis

Post by shawnmellis »

Celeste,
I am thinking of the possibility of surgery now since I have had PN or PNE for 1 1/2 years now. I only thought that France had good success for PNE decompression surgery. I was not aware of Houston having success until I read your post. Thanks for posting. I will now look into the possiblity of Houston. Just out of curiousity how long did it take you to recover from your surgery as far as the pain and any other problems. I already had 3 nerve blocks, MRIs, and other tests, so I guess I might be a good candidate for it since I have had it for so long now. Its amazing to me, when I see somebody on here such as you with PNE, saying they were completely cured. It gives me hope that I can one day be completely cured and one day drive again. Before your surgery, did you have PNE really bad? Was it hard for you to drive, sit, etc. all that time you had it? Sorry for so many questions. Take care and God Bless

Shawn
Bringing Help Awareness Education to Patients & Doctors about PNE through Videos at http://www.YouTube.com/PudendalNerve & PudendalHope.com Please tell Dr. Oz to cover topic of PNE by going to http://www.doctoroz.com/contact Started 1/2010. Initial urinary tract infection in 1/2010. Medication: Diazepam, Tramadol. 4 nerve blocks. physical reinjury 8/2010. 7/2011 Potter MRI Varices dorsal branch 8/23/11 Diagnosis Entrapment of Dorsal Branch Dr. Lee Dellon There's Always Hope!

Return to “Nantes”