Do my symptoms sound like PGAD?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Hopeitworks

Do my symptoms sound like PGAD?

Post by Hopeitworks »

About 6 weeks ago I had this constant arousal sensation that didn't subside with orgasm. After 3 days of this feeling it got less intense. I don't have to have orgasms, I just feel tingling in my clitoris. It doesn't hurt it's just annoying. I do have frequent urge to urinate.

I do have vulvodynia and recently had a Vestibelctomy for burning pain around the entrance of vagina.

These arousal symptoms started 1 week before surgery.

I think I have nerve pain because my thighs and legs burn for no reason.

Im freaking out do you think I have PGAD????
Aple2017

Re: Do my symptoms sound like PGAD?

Post by Aple2017 »

I have the same symptom with the clitoris and I do not have an urge to "take care of it" it feels overstimulated and hyersensitive. Sex is far from appealing to me. I did make an appointment with a Physical Therapist who specializes in PGAD to diagnose me. I will write off once I know. She will check my pelvic floor function and pudendal nerve.
Hopeitworks

Post by Hopeitworks »

Please let me know what she says. I don't feel like I'm on the verge of having an orgasm. I just feel tingling that causes a little feeling of arousal. Your symptoms match mine? I hope we sont have PGAD.
Aple2017

Post by Aple2017 »

I meant with clitoris it is one of the symptoms. I kust thought that in order to have pgaf yoi jave to e aroused and want to have a release... but i am not sure. I do look at pgad as a symptom and not a disease and i do hope thst it can be managed.
Hopeitworks

Post by Hopeitworks »

These are my symptoms:
• Sitting becomes intolerable.
• The pain is often not immediate but delayed and continuous and stays long after discontinuing activity that caused the pain.
• Often the pain is lower in the morning upon awakening and increases throughout the day.
• Pain after orgasm.
• Strange feeling of uncomfortable arousal without sexual desire. Mostly just a tingling feeling.
• Urethral burning (intermediate)
• Feeling like the bladder is never empty or feeling the need to urinate even when the bladder is empty.
• Urinary frequency.
• Pain during and after intercourse.
• Minor low back
• The symptoms are bilateral.
• The front of my things burn
• Sharp electric type pain in groin area when sitting.
Do these symptoms sound like PGAD?
Aple2017

Post by Aple2017 »

I have a lot if the same symptoms. Such as pain in tailbone upon sitting, unpleasant tinglkng in clitoris and labia sonetimes burning in urethra same bladder issue. Did uou sustain a trauma to your coccyx? Or anywhere in that region? It could be just an irritated nerve. Sharp elecrric pains are usually nerve related. Neurologist , physio therapist urogenecologist might help.
Hopeitworks

Post by Hopeitworks »

No, I have never had an injury that I can remember. I made an appointment with Dr. Richard Marvel so hopefully he can sort me out. I thought with PGAD people had spontaneous orgasms or the need to have one. It sounds like we dont have that symptom just the tingling arousal sensation. So maybe we dont have it. GOD I pray we do not!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

You can read my article at the following link to see the original generally accepted definition of PGAD. http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... ne2013.pdf

It does not mean that you have spontaneous orgasms or even the constant feeling of needing to have one. You may or may not have pain with it.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Hopeitworks

Post by Hopeitworks »

Violet so your saying symptoms match PGAD? I probably never had vulvodynia. I'm freaking out! I hope I can be cured like you. How do I get surgery to fix it?
Hopeitworks

Post by Hopeitworks »

Violet M wrote:You can read my article at the following link to see the original generally accepted definition of PGAD. http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... ne2013.pdf

It does not mean that you have spontaneous orgasms or even the constant feeling of needing to have one. You may or may not have pain with it.

Violet
I'm sorry but I'm freaking out! Today is day 3 of crying. How am I supposed to go to work feeling like this?

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”