How to contact Nantes doctors if your french is bad

Prof Roger Robert - Neurosurgeon
Dr T Riant - Anaethesist and Pain Management
Dr J.J. Labat - Neurologist & Urologist - PNMLT and other Testing
Lelej

How to contact Nantes doctors if your french is bad

Post by Lelej »

Hello, I have been trying to contact hotel-Dieu By phone. However because of my bad french, it is going no where. I don’t understand them and they don’t understand me. I am wondering is there is a way to contact them with my bad french. I know that dr roger has retired but does anyone follow on his footsteps. I mean is the surgery still available? Do they perform the TG approach and who is the dr? Where should I send my documents and by what method? Fax? Can I have phone consultation with the dr? Do they repair the legement like Dr. Hibner’s method? I have tried navigating through the French pudendal website but I don’t understand anything. I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me.

Lelej
April

Re: How to contact Nantes doctors if your french is bad

Post by April »

Hi lelej,

tonygret just had surgery in France, and he might have explained early in his surgery thread how he contacted them. If not, you could send him a pm. But, he just got back from France and is recovering from the surgery so he may not be checking the site or email that often.

April
Lelej

Post by Lelej »

Thanks a lot my dear April :) I have contacted dr Ploteau :D waiting to send him all the reports. I hope you are doing better. How is your surgery going? Are your pain improving? I Really hope you get better and be pain free.

Lelej
April

Post by April »

Hi Lelej,

That's great. Glad you were able to get in touch with his office. A trip to France sounds much easier than a trip the U.S. Keep us posted.

I'm doing really well. My pain is already slightly lower than before the surgery (and it has been that way for over a week), so I'm overjoyed. I discontinued the extra pain meds on Dec. 31st and have even been slowly tapering down my amitriptyline dose. I generally still ice and/or use heat (heating pad) in the evening, but during the day I can generally go without either. Last night I did have to get ice in the middle of the night once (I think I've only had to do that one other time since the surgery), but I think that may be because my lower amitriptyline dose is starting to kick in...so maybe I started reducing meds too soon. We'll see how it goes in the next week.

April
Lelej

Post by Lelej »

Hi April
That’s such a good news!! I am overjoyed!! You deserve to live pain free my dear :) yes maybe the increased pain is due to lowering your dose too soon, if it is too painful increase the dose for a while then try tapper it of after a while slowly. You don’t have to suffer my dear during the healing process we have had enough pain ;) It is very good news that your pain level is lower than before surgery! It is working !! I hope your healing process continue faster.
Lelej
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

April,

I am happy to read you are doing well!
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
April

Post by April »

Thanks, Stephanies!

April

Return to “Nantes”