cost of surgery of pudendal canal decompression surgery?

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
Pleasehelpmegod

cost of surgery of pudendal canal decompression surgery?

Post by Pleasehelpmegod »

what was your cost of surgery for your pudendal canal decompression surgery?

did you fly out of state to find a good surgeon?

did your insurance cover the cost?

who are some good PNE surgeons?

i'm currently trying to diagnose my PNE. I have a MRI for soft tissue pelvis with and without contrast on Thursday.
April

Re: cost of surgery of pudendal canal decompression surgery?

Post by April »

Yes, insurance covered my decompression surgery. Hibner (who did mine) and Conway are experienced decompression surgeons. If you are a male: Conway does surgery on men, but I don't know if Hibner does (you can call his office to find out for sure). There are only a few surgeons who do this surgery in the U.S., so most people do have to travel out of state to get to a surgeon.

April
jon

Post by jon »

Hi April,

What Insurance company paid for your decompression surgery?
Left testicle pain since 2008. Left sciatica 2010-2012. Failed left epididectomy, orchiectomy, botox injections, nerve blocks and internal physical therapy. Genital branch of genitofemoral and perineal branch of pudendal nerve cut. L5-S1 microdiscectomy cured sciatica. Dorsal Root Ganglion nerve stimulator failed to help and was removed. I have had 4 pudendal nerve blocks, two from Dr. Poree worked for 2 hrs. The ONLY break from pain ever.
April

Post by April »

Hi Jon,

It was Cigna.

April

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”