Sincerely,
Bobby
Hey Emily, thanks for the reply. My depression has lessend and lessend the farther away I get from my break up, I suppose I am getting over it. I have scheduled an appointment with Dr. Jordan in Santa Monica but it's not until February as I need to save some money ($618). I am completely supporting myself at 22 and money is hella right now so Unfortunatly I just have to deal with the pain. I have high hopes for this appointment hoping a nerve block will cure me or at least give me months of relief. I have an appointment with my gp on Monday and am just going to beg him for some painkillers until I have my appointment with Dr. Jordan. I am finding myself less and less concerned with my love life rather stressing if I am ever going to have a normal, pain-free life again. I have great friends and family who know of my condition and look out for me and also I am grateful to have everyone here who understands what I am going through to talk too. I am actually looking at this break up as a sign that I need to get on top of this and fix it so right now I hope I don't find the right girl for me, until I am cured. Emily you seem to be handling things very well and I am happy for that. I feel as though people who deal with chronic pain are far more humbled and kind hearted that those who don't. Anyway I am remaining optimistic and do hope I can keep my spirits as high as you have yours.emilyb wrote:couldn't help but read your story, and i noticed how very much alike both of ours were! instead of football, however, i sailed, but it also started for me around fourteen years of age- its very rough to have such a personal kind of pain at such a young age, so i understand the emotional trauma that comes with it entirely, especially in the dating scene
one thing i can say is, keep your chin up. i know how hard it is to conceive that there could be another person out there who could comprehend what living with chronic pain is like, especially in the inguinal region, and that being said there are a lot of romantic disappointments that are rooted in your partner's lack of understanding what it is you're going through.
but there are always diamonds in the rough, and while i was in high school i managed to find two guys who respected my problems and helped me immensely through the struggles of pudendal pain. now, at eighteen, i have been with the same boy for a year, and it amazes me everyday that i found somebody who can stand by me through this. my advice to you is pray for someone or something to be able to give you the support you need as well as the romantic affection, and i have no doubt good thing will come your way. as often as there are people who disappoint you in the world, i have found that there can be as many cases where loved ones can exceed your expectations.
and with regard to your depression, i found that talking to a cognitive psychologist helped me. I don't have depression, but i do have ptsd due to the trauma regarded to my pelvic pain, and the long term exposure therapy she guided me through has helped me to achieve a much healthier and happy mindset. i truly hope that you find the right person to talk to for you, and additionally there are many medications on the market that help- i saw earlier on this thread somebody mentioned cymbalta, and i think that could be an excellent solution as it also doubles for relief for neuropathic pain as well as functioning as an anitdepressant.
best of luck!!
Emily