Hi Rosemary,
Bit late with the Welcome (ooops) but WELCOME!! (waves)
I am in the UK too btw.
Sorry I don't have anything to add to this discussion except 30 would do me
I didn't go for hrt and just got through it but damn, it does take ages, still get hot flushes 6 years along. However I was so very glad to leave the mad hormonal me behind. I didn't really know how bad I was until it stopped . . . . . think others may have done .
Interesting papers nyt. Thanks
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
I recently visited Dr Conway and he mentioned that success of operation is less probable if your age is more than 70. He listed it in a long list of other negative influences but still it is worth mentioning.
The other unrelated thing. I cut nerve inside my finger and my daughter, who is a medical student said that peripheral nerves grow in young 1 mm a day and much slower as we get older.
So age and nerve healing correlation does exist.
It does not mean nerve do not heal at all it just takes more time, probably. At least I regrew nerve in my finger if it is any assurance.
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.
My nerves have been irritated and not cut at all so you would think that they would heal quicker somehow - they just keep sending a pain message for now though.
I wish I could say something better or know more. But unfortunately this is what I know. It does not work for my advantage either.
Love,
Helen
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.