Well it seems I am the oldest of you all. I am a young
76. This affliction (my grandma used to talk about her afflictions)of mine started 5 .5 years ago. Took almost 5 years to find out that it started with a fall on my back. The fibrosis took that long to compress 4 nerves against my pelvic floor.
We have spent way too much money running around the country looking for a dx. You all know what that is,the story gets old. I am beginning to see some improvement with pudendal nerve. I am still on pain meds,I am hoping for the day for that to end. There are times I am able to sit for longer periods,and some days it is the same pain as before.before surgery. I do not understand that.
I have had 3 decompression surgeries. One in Jan.2011 by Dr. Antalok. Two with Dr. Israel Chambi ,Santa Ana CA. Nerves heal I mm a month,which is 1 324 mm of an inch. Karyn correct me on that if I am wrong.
At this point ,my most pain is with the inflamed sciatic nerve. I had another injection about 3 weeks ago. Results not helpful. Thinking of a pain pump or nuerostimulator.I will be seeing a neurologist on the 6th of Aug. The saga continues.
I wish thee was a way all of us could get together,we are the only people that truly understand one another. Just to give hugs ,share ,touch one another. But then we are very blessed to have this hope site.
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.